Red Deer County is temporarily cancelling all recreation and Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) programming effective immediately due to the increased presence of COVID-19 in Alberta.
We are here to help
If you are in need of information, support or resources during this time, please contact our Community Services team at 403.350.2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We have put together a list of Resources & Services to help you out during this time.
Red Deer County’s “Active Together” Free Video Classes
Let’s kick COVID-19 together by keeping active, healthy and connected while maintaining the guidelines for physical distancing.
Videos will be uploaded to YouTube daily for everyone to enjoy, so check back in often for new content, or browse through all videos for what will benefit you today. We have organized a variety of classes to keep you busy including fitness, meditation, yoga, qigong, art, baking, and more! All classes are instructed by local teachers and residents.
This also gives you a chance to try out one of the great recreation programs offered by Red Deer County from the comfort of your own home. So please stay healthy, and we hope to see you all in person and in your communities at the end of this!
- Shibashi-Qigong Part 2 (Instructor: Stephanie) - If you’ve already watched and completed the first half of this sequence that is posted below, then you’re ready to learn the next half. Qigong is a fantastic way to get your body moving and blood flowing while also helping you focus your mind and restore your energy.
- Older Adult Fitness Class (Instructor: Tammy) - Join in on this fun class that’s sure to get your heart rate up and blood flowing! While this class is intended for older adults, people of all ages can join in and still get their workout at home in!
- Easy Cartooning (Instructor: Blair) - Learn how to draw some simple, easy cartoons with local cartoonist Blair Thorson. This particular video is ideal for young children, but anyone who wants to learn to draw can follow along as well.
- Standing Yoga (Instructor: Miranda) - This gentle, mindful yoga class is great for everyone! It will help you to find balance, perhaps ease some anxiety you may be experiencing during these times, and help you just focus on yourself for a few moments today.
- Shibashi-qigong (Instructor: Stephanie) - A healing art similar to Tai Chi that combines movement, breathing and meditation for relaxation and fitness. Perfect for aging adults, new practitioners and people interested in trying something new. Qigong Shibashi is simply a different pattern to the movements, to give participants some variety to their practice.
Community Services Coordinator
Community Services Assistant
Recreation Support Worker
Recreation Support Worker