red deer county updates
We are here to help. If you are in need of information, support or resources, please contact our Community Services team at 403.350.2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEAL DELIVERY PROGRAM
The purpose of the Meal Delivery Program is to provide delivery of frozen meals to residents of Red Deer County, the Town of Bowden, the Town of Penhold, the Village of Delburne and the Village of Elnora who are self-isolating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Text 4 Hope
For those feeling the strain of isolation, Alberta Health Services has come out with a Text 4 Hope program. Sign up for free to receive daily text messages focusing on healthy living and positive thinking.Text COVID19Hope to 393939 to subscribe.
Are you experiencing symptoms of COVID-19?
If you have symptoms such as fever, cough and difficulty breathing and have travelled outside Canada or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, stay home and call Health Link at 811. If you are not seriously ill, do not go to a physician’s office, a health care facility or a lab without consulting with Health Link 811 first. Call 911 if you are seriously ill and need immediate medical attention and inform them that you may have COVID-19.
Help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are sick, stay home and self-isolate.
- Avoid having visitors to your home.
- Wash your hands often and well.
- Avoid touching your face or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of the tissue into a plastic-lined garbage bin. Wash your hands afterwards. If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into a flexed elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Avoid gatherings of greater than 15 people and practice social distancing (keep a distance of 2 meters from others).
- Government of Alberta "Unsolicited Offers Program” - If you are a business or individual offering supplies or services that would support the pandemic response register for the Unsolicited Offers Program.
- Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers - To support businesses that are facing revenue losses and to help prevent lay-offs, the government is providing eligible small employers a temporary wage subsidy for a period of three months.
- Essential Services information - click here to find out more about what constitutes essential services in Alberta.
- Alberta SPCA - Report an animal in distress or get help for the animals in your care by visiting the Alberta SPCA page.