Road Construction Projects
- Mckenzie Road Roundabouts
- Roundabout - Hwy 2A & Twp Rd 372 (Airport Drive)
- Lantern Street East Intersection Upgrade
- Highway 11 Twinning
Construction of a roundabout at Highway 2A and Township Road 372 (Airport Drive) near Springbrook began April 19, with a projected completion of September 2021.
July 18 Update: Access to Twp Rd 372 from Hwy 2A is closed and expected to remain closed until the end of September. Twp Rd 372 can still be accessed from Mckenzie Road and Hwy 42. View detour information.
The project includes:
- Roadway widening from Leva Avenue to Laura Avenue
- Construction of a “mini-roundabout” at Liberty Avenue and Lantern Street
- Two pedestrian pathways south of Lantern Street: one along Liberty Avenue and one from Lake Street to Lantern Street
This project is in Phase 2 of construction. Weather permitting, this project will be complete by the end of July.
PHASE 2 CLOSURES
Highway 11 Twinning, Highway 22 to Township Road 390 (east of Benalto)
Alberta Transportation is planning to twin Highway 11 between Sylvan Lake and Rocky Mountain House. The overall project, which was announced in July 2020, has begun with a planning study to define highway twinning requirements between Highway 22 and Township Road 390 (east of Benalto). The study is expected to complete in late 2022.
Clearwater County, Lacombe County, the Town of Eckville and Red Deer County meet with Alberta Transportation and the project team at milestone points during the course of the study.
Information regarding the planning study will be posted on Alberta Transportation’s website as the study progresses. Please visit the website at:
For information regarding the overall Highway 11 corridor between Sylvan Lake and Rock Mountain House, please visit: