As part of the ongoing effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the City of Red Deer has reduced transit hours and frequency on all conventional routes beginning today, Monday, March 23.
- Red Deer Transit will move to an hourly schedule from a 30 minute schedule.
- From Monday to Saturday, the first departure from Sorensen Station will leave at 7:00 a.m., and the last departure (from Sorensen Station) at 7:00 p.m.
- Sundays and holidays will continue to operate on the one hour service, with the first departure from Sorensen Station at 8:45 a.m., and the last departure (from Sorensen Station) at 6:45 p.m.
- New safety measures are in place to encourage social distancing. All passengers are to enter and exit through the rear door, with the exception of wheel chairs and disabled customers. Every other seat will be blocked off to ensure social distancing between passengers.
- Action Bus trips for accessible transportation will continue for our registered clients. This service will be limited to bookings for essential travel for medical appointment, work and grocery shopping only, with a two-passenger maximum limit.
- The 2A Regional Transit Route hours and frequency have not changed. Passengers are expected to follow all safety measures of conventional transit service for social distancing. See above for safety measures.
Read the complete news release from The City of Red Deer here.