Red Deer County Protective Services are based out of Station 4
eight different locations in the County. Two additional districts are covered by agreements with the Innisfail and Sylvan Lake Fire departments. All
fire services are funded annually through
a Protective Services Levy.

Check out our video page for a great overview of Fire Services in Red Deer County. 

Applying for a FIRE PERMIT

To apply for a burn permit, please complete the online application. Online permit applications are the preferred method to obtain a fire permit.

burn permit Opens in new windowNO ADDRESS Opens in new window

If you require assistance creating a Red Deer County burn permit account or want to apply for a permit via telephone, please call 403-343-6667.


Residential fireworks are not permitted in Red Deer County. To submit an application for display fireworks performed by a certified firework operator, please contact Fire Services at 403.343.6667.

Stock Photo Fire Fighter

firefighter/ Emergency Responder

Firefighter Emergency Responder Opens in new window
Firefighter Emergency Responder FAQ Opens in new window

innisfail fire department

For information on joining the Innisfail Fire Department, call 403.227.5800 or send an email to

Download Volunteer Firefighter Application Opens in new window

fire gear


SAR Picture

Join the Team! Opens in new window

For questions or more information:

Phone: 403.348.2036


Livestock Response Unit (LRU) Photo

Red Deer County’s Livestock Response Unit (LRU) was the first unit of its kind in Alberta. There are now eighteen LRUs in the province.

An LRU is stocked with equipment and supplies to assist in containment, movement, and management of livestock in emergency or disaster situations. Emergency response personnel can work more safely and efficiently because of being properly equipped with the contents of the LRU.

When an emergency involving livestock occurs, the RCMP and local fire services would most likely be the first responders.

Red Deer County Fire is responsible for the deployment of the LRU and would assist in contacting emergency response personnel with animal handling experience and a veterinarian depending on proximity and timing.

For more information, regarding Red Deer County’s trailer, please contact Deputy Chief-Emergency Management, Tina Colberg at or call 403.348.2036

For information about the other trailers and locations, please visit Alberta Farm Animal Care (AFAC).