Agendas & Public Hearings
- Red Deer County Council and Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) meetings are held on the same day.
- MPC commences at 9:30 AM, followed by Council.
- Unless otherwise indicated, meetings are held in the Red Deer County Centre located at 38106 Range Road 275, Red Deer County (west of QEII on C&E Trail/ 32 Street).
Municipal Planning Commission minutes are available online
County Council minutes are available online.
Municipal Planning Commission agendas are available online.
County Council agendas are available online.
County Council and Municipal Planning Commission Meeting Dates for 2019/2020
- November 19
- December 3 and 17
- January 14
- February 4 and 18
- March 3 and 24
- April 14 and 28
- May 12 and 26
- June 9 and 23
- July 7 and 21
- August 4 and 18
- September 1, 15, 29
- October 13 and 27 (Organizational Meeting, October 27)
- November 10
- December 1 and 15
Public Hearing Process
Public hearings are scheduled for 1:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) and are held in Council Chambers at Red Deer County Centre. Council will hear from anyone claiming to be affected by the bylaws being proposed. The hearings are informal and persons wishing to speak will be requested to state their name and address upon being recognized by the Chair. Comments may be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and written submissions may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
A proposal to sell and lease portions of Municipal Reserve properties located at Lot 5MR and Lot 6MR, Block 1, Plan 1823354, SW 31-38-2-5 (Hamlet of Benalto), which includes the following:
Bylaw No. 2019/28 to remove the Municipal Reserve (MR) designation from an approximate 0.76-acre portion of Lot 6MR, Block 1, Plan 1823354, SW 31-38-2-5, for the following purposes:
(1) Approximate 0.26 acres to be transferred to the Benalto Agricultural Society to facilitate the expansion of the Society's grounds; and
(2) Approximate 0.5 acres to be used to construct a second public access road to these lands (registered County Road Plan).
LEASE - Lot 5MR and the remainder of Lot 6MR to be leased to the Benalto Agricultural Society to allow the Society to use these lands for additional parking as events require.
OTHER BYLAWS BEING CONSIDERED
Atco Gas and Pipelines Ltd. has filed for approval to grant a natural gas distribution system franchise agreement between Red Deer County and Atco Gas for the Hamlet of Gasoline Alley. Council will further consider Bylaw No. 2018/35 once the agreement has been approved by the Alberta Utilities Commission for the Province of Alberta.