Education & Awareness
Agriculture Education and Awareness is a primary goal for the Agricultural Service Board (ASB) and as such is strongly supported by the Agriculture Service Department through various programs and events, including tours, workshops, meetings, and publications.
ASB Youth for Agriculture Award
Entry Deadline: December 1, 2018
Red Deer County residents aged 13 to 18 are invited to enter our new Agricultural Service Board Youth for Agriculture Award contest.
Entering is easy! Simply use your investigative skills and creativity to write an article or create a video on the ASB Youth for Agriculture Award topic of the year and submit your entry by the deadline: December 1.
Prizes will be awarded in two categories: Senior (ages 16 to 18) and Junior (ages 13 to 15); 1st place in each category is $1000.00!. Prize winners’ article or video will be featured in the Red Deer County News, the Red Deer County website and social media accounts, and in promotional materials.
2018 ASB Youth for Agriculture Award Topic: "The Future of Agriculture in Red Deer County"
Contest Guidelines and Documentation:
One entry per eligible person. There is no fee to enter the contest. See the ASB YFAA Contest Guidelines for complete entry requirements.
Red Deer County proudly hosts an Ag Tour each year, with a chartered bus tour around the County to view local farming operations.The Tour is a unique opportunity to learn about agriculture in our community, and to speak to farmers directly.
Agricultural Training Sponsorship Program
Red Deer County residents are eligible for reimbursement (50% of course fee, up to $200) of agricultural or safety related course training costs through the Agricultural Training Sponsorship Program. The program, which is sponsored by the Red Deer County Agricultural Service Board, works to support and encourage agricultural and safety training for County residents. Courses can include: St John Ambulance First Aid courses, Agricultural related courses, event and conferences, and safety courses such as Chainsaw, ATU/UTV Training etc.
In order to be eligible for the program, the following criteria must be met:
- Be a Red Deer County resident
- Successfully complete the course/training
- Receipts submitted within 30 days of the event
- Course/event agenda submitted with receipt
- Completed rebate form submitted with receipt
- Eligibility is subject to board’s approval.
- Funds are limited and will be allocated on a first come/first served basis
- Eligible reimbursement amount is 50% of the course/event fee (up to $200).
- Eligible costs claimed include only course/event fees, and do not include incidentals (e.g. parking, mileage, meals, etc.)
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree level courses are not eligible.
- Please contact the County for prior approval if possible.
Submit your Agricultural Training Sponsorship Rebate Request:
|Form:||Agriculture Training Sponsorship Rebate Form|
|Send by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Send by Mail:||Agricultural Training Sponsorship|
38106, Range Road 275
Red Deer County, AB T4S 2L9
Agriculture Education & Awareness Sponsorship
The Agricultural Service Board also supports agriculture education & awareness through sponsorship of various agricultural programs, events and activities, including:
- Ladies Livestock Lessons
- Ranching Opportunities
- Aspen Ranch Safety Camps
- Farm Safety Centre
- AFAC - Alberta Farm Animal Care
- Young Farmers Workshops
- CASA - Grain Safety Program (Grain Entrapment Trailer)
- CAP - Classroom Ag Program
- AISC - Alberta Invasive Species Council
- NAISMA - North American Invasive Species Council
- Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue Training - Olds College
Sponsorship requests are reviewed individually, as they are received, and within the context of available funds. Organizations being considered for approval may be required to formally present their request to the Agriculture Service Board.