Agricultural Training Rebate Program
Red Deer County residents are eligible for reimbursement (50% of course fee, up to $200) of agricultural or safety related course training costs through the Agricultural Training Sponsorship Program. The program, which is sponsored by the Red Deer County Agricultural Service Board, works to support and encourage agricultural and safety training for County residents. Courses can include: St John Ambulance First Aid courses, Agricultural related courses, event and conferences, and safety courses such as Chainsaw, ATU/UTV Training etc.
In order to be eligible for the program, the following criteria must be met:
- Be a Red Deer County resident
- Successfully complete the course/training
- Receipts submitted within 30 days of the event
- Course/event agenda submitted with receipt
- Completed rebate form submitted with receipt
- Eligibility is subject to board’s approval.
- Funds are limited and will be allocated on a first come/first served basis
- Eligible reimbursement amount is 50% of the course/event fee (up to $200).
- Eligible costs claimed include only course/event fees, and do not include incidentals (e.g. parking, mileage, meals, etc.)
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree level courses are not eligible.
- Please contact the County for prior approval if possible.
Submit your Agricultural Training Sponsorship Rebate Request:
|Form:||Agricultural Training Sponsorship Rebate Form|
|Send by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Send by Mail:||Agricultural Training Sponsorship|
38106, Range Road 275
Red Deer County, AB T4S 2L9
The Agricultural Service Board also supports agricultural education & awareness through sponsorship of various agricultural programs, events and activities, including:
- Ladies Livestock Lessons
- Ranching Opportunities
- Aspen Ranch Safety Camps
- Farm Safety Centre
- AFAC - Alberta Farm Animal Care
- Young Farmers Workshops
- CASA - Grain Safety Program (Grain Entrapment Trailer)
- CAP - Classroom Ag Program
- AISC - Alberta Invasive Species Council
- NAISMA - North American Invasive Species Council
- Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue Training - Olds College
Sponsorship requests are reviewed individually, as they are received, and within the context of available funds. Organizations being considered for approval may be required to formally present their request to the Agricultural Service Board.