Fee Assistance Program
The Red Deer County Fee Assistance Program offers financial support for individuals who are currently facing financial barriers to accessing recreation and culture opportunities. The program provides up to $300.00 per individual per year to put towards the costs of eligible registration fees.
Funds granted through this program will be paid by cheque, directly to the service provider. Funds will not be paid to the applicant.
WHO CAN APPLY
The Red Deer County Fee Assistance Program is available to individuals who meet the below criteria:
- The participant resides within Red Deer County or a Hamlet* located within Red Deer County.
- The participant is registering, or planning to register, in a recreational or cultural program.
- The participant faces financial barriers to access the programs.
- The participant's household income is less than 200% of the Canada Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) (Proof of income required).
- The participant can provide a referral from a community professional supporting the need for this funding.
*Hamlets located in Red Deer County include Ardley, Benalto, Dickson, Lousana, Markerville, Springbrook, Spruce View, and Gasoline Alley.
The Red Deer County Fee Assistance Program is proudly sponsored by:
APPLYING FOR FUNDING
Fill out the online form in its entirety, including information about the applicant and all family members. A paper version of the form is also available which may be dropped off or mailed to:
Community Services Fee Assistance Program
c/o Red Deer County
38106 Range Road 275
Red Deer County AB
OTHER SOURCES OF FUNDING
KidSport - Visit the Red Deer KidSport chapter online at https://kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/red-deer/ to find out how kids can access funding outside of the Red Deer County Fee Assistance Program.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart - Canadian Tire Jumpstart is available to children/youth who meet their application requirements. Visit them online at https://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/
fee assistance program frequently asked questions
Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis. Please allow for approximately 1 to 2 weeks for processing and, if approved, an additional 2 weeks to have the cheque mailed to the organization.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to work with the organization to ensure they are registered in the program. You can advise the organization you are applying for funding to cover the fees. If an organization is seeking further information, you can direct them to email@example.com.
Effective July 5, 2022, Red Deer County no longer offers direct reimbursement for past expenses. The fee assistance program ensures individuals and families who are in need of funding to have the ability to access recreation and culture opportunities.
The program also offers additional funding, up to $300.00 per year instead of the previous reimbursement of only $100.00.
Paying the funds in advance ensures families who are unable to make the payment up front are still able to access these opportunities.
Upon approval of funding, it is the responsibility of the applicant to:
- Ensure the participant is registered in the program and advise the organization that they will be receiving a cheque from Red Deer County for the amount approved.
- In the event a program is full, cancelled, or the participant is attending an alternate program, immediately notify Red Deer County of any changes. The applicant must work directly with the organization to ensure a refund is sent back to Red Deer County. The participant will be ineligible for additional funding until a refund is approved.