Form Centre

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Water Meter Application

  1. PLEASE NOTE: Water Meter Applications are not applicable without a Utilities Connection Application form that is signed by the registered owner of the property. Tenants are not permitted to open an account.
  2. I need the meter installed:
  3. Application type:*
  4. The undersigned agrees to pay for services supplied by Red Deer County or its designate to Red Deer County upon delivery of the water meter.*
  5. The undersigned hereby represents that he/she is the applicant or that he/she is an authorized agent for the applicant and that he/she has the authority to sign this contract for water meter installation. The applicant agrees to pay for the cost of this service provided by Red Deer County or designate to the above service address. It is understood that in the event of late payment or non-payment, in addition to other remedies Red Deer County may have, the amount owing for the said water meter shall bear a penalty charge in accordance with the Municipal Government Act (MGA) and Red Deer County Fee Bylaw.

    The applicant hereby agrees to abide by the terms and conditions as specified in Red Deer County's current Fee Bylaw excerpt as follows:

    "In the event a utility bill remains unpaid after the date fixed for payment, a penalty of one-point-five percent (1.5%) will be added to said account for the first month and one-point-five percent (1.5%) for each month following. The one-point-five percent (1.5%) interest charge will be calculated at the date of the utility bill on the arrears as at that date.

    Any utility bill remaining unpaid under this bylaw will constitute a debt owing to the County and is recoverable by any or all of the following methods, namely:
    1. by the amount owing being transferred to the owner's tax roll after ninety (90) days of non-payment;
    2. by action in any Court of competent jurisdiction.

    At the discretion of Red Deer County, pursuant to Red Deer County's Waterworks Bylaw, the County may discontinue service for non-payment of the charges levied pursuant to this Bylaw."
  6. "The owner hereby requests the supply of the water meter to the property described above."*
  7. By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that:
    1) Your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document.
    2) By signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature.
    3) You may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.*
  8. The personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and is protected under the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you have any questions about the collection, use and protection of this information, please contact Red Deer County at 403.350.2150.
  9. Leave This Blank:

  10. This field is not part of the form submission.